Mr Jeremy Lavy
MBBS (Lon) FRCS (Eng) FRCS (ORL-HNS)
Appointed Consultant Ear Surgeon at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital in 2000 after completing training in London and Sydney, Australia.
Has the largest hearing restoration surgery practice in the UK.
Performs 150-200 stapes surgeries per year
He has an interest in all conditions of the ear and his specialist area is stapes surgery where he has the biggest stapedectomy practice in the country.
- Director of the UCLH/RNTNEH Cochlear Implant programme from 2003 – 2017.
- One of the Times Top 100 Children’s Doctors, 2012.
- Council Member British Society of Otology
- Council member Royal Society of Medicine, Otology Section
- Pioneered binaural cochlear implantation, performing among the first binaural implants in UK, Germany and Mexico (www.cochlear-implant.co.uk).
- Heavily involved in regular teaching and training of ear surgery in developing countries (see News section)
Between 150 and 200 stapedectomies a year are carried out under his care.
Mr Lavy has the best results published in the UK and rivals the best results in the world.
Over 99% of patients will experience an improvement in their hearing. 94% of patients will get closure of their air bone gap to within 10dB of their bone conduction thresholds (average of four frequencies: 0.5, 1, 2 & 3kHz). The risk of losing the hearing completely is approximately 0.4%.